The following information is to help everyone who attends Aspire Academy know what to expect and be able to count on us to abide by these guidelines. Please ask for clarification if you have any questions about our Studio Policies.
Dance & Music Policy and Procedures
Payment of Fees:
Tuition must be paid by an automatic form of payment; i.e. a credit card, a debit card or paid in full for the school year. All payment information must be received upon registration to confirm class time(s). Classes with less than 6 students registered are subject to cancellation in which all remaining class tuition will be refunded. Tuition is due on the 1st monthly.
Withdrawals and Refunds
There is a two month minimum for all lessons. Written notice is required to discontinue any classes. Withdrawals will not be accepted for the month of June. Withdrawals must go through the school office and not the teacher, and must be submitted 1 week before the next billing cycle. Once a withdrawal is processed, you will have the remaining prepaid lessons for that month. Any paid lessons beyond the end of the month will be refunded. Aspire Academy reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice.
Substitutions and Attendance
The school reserves the right to provide a substitute if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up or refunded.
Recital participation is voluntary. Regular class attendance is mandatory in order to participate in the dance recital. If more than 3 classes are missed between March and June, the student will need teacher permission to participate. Attendance at the dress rehearsal is mandatory for recital participants. Rehearsal classes will take the place of regular classes the week of the recital.
Care of Students
The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 are asked to remain in the school during classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after lessons. If class attendance for any particular day is below 4 students the class will be structured as a private or semi-private lesson without any additional fee but will be shortened to the following: 1-2 students will be given a 30 minute private lesson, 3 students will be given a 45 minute semi-private. In this case we will try to contact the parent to let them know of an earlier pick up time.
Parents’ Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events
It is the responsibility of the parent or the adult to be aware of school activities such as recitals and dates the school is open and closed. The school may post notices, send emails, or send notes home with students. It is also the responsibility of the parent or adult to be aware of deadlines and to inform the school of any address or telephone number change. Changes can be made with the front desk or through the parent portal.
PLEASE KEEP AN UP TO DATE EMAIL ADDRESS AT ASPIRE. MOST COMMUNICATION IS VIA EMAIL
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after lesson time.
Here are some additional points that will help students to have the very best music and dance experience:
- No gum, food or drinks (other than water) are allowed in the studio.
- Please do not wear long, dangling or distracting jewelry to class.
- Long hair should be neatly secured away from the face and up off the neck. Ballet students should wear their hair in a bun.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the dance studios. Please see our guidelines under “Dance Dress Code.”
- Students may not enter late or leave class early without the teacher’s permission.
- Students will not be allowed into a class after the first 10 minutes. The initial warm-up time is critical to the safety of the student.
- Students, parents and visitors are expected to behave in a quiet, courteous and orderly manner in the waiting room.
- Parents are asked to observe quietly at the observation windows. The studio doors and window are not tinted and we would prefer that you do not observe at those locations. Observation is welcome but distraction is not.
- Parents are not allowed into the dance studios without the explicit invitation of the teacher. Please allow the teacher to deal with any situation that may arise. If a teacher needs your assistance she will let you know.
- Students are to remain inside the building while waiting to be picked up after lessons.
- Please, only enter and exit through the main door in the reception area.